2018 KARTING CHALLENGE
12 ROUNDS: Feb. 17 - Dec. 1
2018 Event Schedule (12-Round Series):
Round 1: Saturday, Feb. 17 | COMPLETED
Round 2: Saturday, March 17 | COMPLETED
Round 3: Saturday, April 14 | COMPLETED
Round 4: Friday, May 25 | COMPLETED
Round 5: Saturday, May 26 | COMPLETED
Round 6: Saturday, June 9 | COMPLETED
Round 7: Saturday, July 21 | COMPLETED
Round 8: Saturday, Aug. 25| SCHEDULE
Round 9: Saturday, Sept. 29
Round 10: Sunday, Sept. 30
Round 11: Saturday, Oct. 20
Round 12: Saturday, Dec. 1
Briggs LO206 Cadet - Proudly sponsored by Kart Carolina
Briggs LO206 Junior - Proudly sponsored by MG Tires
Briggs LO206 Senior - Proudly sponsored by Franklin Signs
Briggs LO206 Heavy - Proudly sponsored by Race City Locksmiths
KA100 Junior - Proudly sponsored by KartSport North America
KA100 Senior - Proudly sponsored by Sunoco Race Fuels
IAME Mini Swift - Proudly sponsored by K&N
IAME Swift - Proudly sponsored by IAME East
IAME Junior - Proudly sponsored by MPI
IAME Heavy - Proudly sponsored by Stitch 98
IAME Senior - Proudly sponsored by CNC Performance Engineering
- Each round, the top-three finishers in the final race will receive a trophy in all divisions.
- 2018 Championship Prize Structure: Coming Soon!
- GoPro Motorplex Karting Challenge Most Improved Driver of the Year:
The Most Improved Driver of the Year Award recipient(s) will be revealed and awarded at the 2018 Championship Banquet. The Most Improved Driver of the Year award will be determined on 100% stats with GoPro Motorplex Staff/Management votes as tie-breakers. The Most Improved Driver of the Year will ideally be a competitor who has improved either his/her lap times or finishing position substantially throughout the 12-round series.
- The entry fee is $75 through Wednesday prior to event (11:59 p.m).
- $85 Thursday and Friday (Online pre-registration closes at 4 p.m. Friday)
- After 4 p.m. on Friday, competitors can only register at the track on race day for $95.
Round 9, Sept. 29
Round 10, Sept. 30
Round 11, Oct. 20
Round 12, Dec. 1
reserved kart numbers:
Reserved Kart Numbers:
Competitors may reserve a kart number for the year at $50 per class.
PARKING & Camping:
Race Day Facility Parking Information & Rules:
1. All vehicles must park outside the main gate. This INCLUDES tow vehicles.
2. GoPro Motorplex staff will help shuttle people with golf carts down from the gate.
3. Handicap parking is located by KartSport North America.
4. Vehicles are allowed to park in ‘Reserved’ Parking Spaces.
Reserved Trailer Parking:
Competitors may reserve pit spots anywhere within our four rows of parking. The price is per spot (12'x45') and guarantees your pit spot for Thursday, Friday and Saturday of each Karting Challenge event weekend.
Camping is permitted inside the gate Friday night.
Click below immediately after each race for the results and current points standings for each division.