Trey Shannon is the owner and Head Performance Coach at Podium Performance Fitness, a racing driver fitness and performance facility in Cornelius, NC. Trey has spent the last six years coaching drivers at every level of motorsport from karting to IMSA prototypes and the NASCAR Cup Series, and everything in between. As a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with 20 years of karting experience, Trey has a unique perspective on what it takes physically and mentally to perform at the top level of any form of motorsport.
In this Karting Fitness webinar, Trey will share with you the why and how of physical and mental training and how it translates to better performance on the kart track. You may not be getting beaten by drivers with more talent than you, but by drivers that are physically and mentally prepared for competition. Don't let fatigue be your downfall. Learn how to fully exploit your driving talent, and turn in your fastest laps and best performance when it really counts.
Following the closing of registration on May 3rd, you will be sent a link via email to tune in at 7:00PM, May 5th for the hour and a half webinar.
What is this webinar about?
- The four main reasons it's important to train for karting
- The stresses drivers face while in the kart
- Training methods for dealing with those stresses to maximize performance
What am I going to get out of it?
- A better understanding of how performance can be affected
- The important muscle groups to train for karting
- Training methods for improving:
- Muscle strength and endurance
- Cardio-respiratory endurance
- Vision and brain function on track
Who is this webinar for?
- Kart Drivers of all levels of skill and competition
- Karting Parents
- Karting Team Owners
Podium Performance Fitness Karters in 2019
- GoPro Motorplex IAME Heavy Champion
- GoPro Motorplex IAME Jr Champion
- GoPro Motorplex KA100 Jr Champion
- GoPro Motorplex KA100 Sr 2nd Place
- GoPro Motorplex KA100 Jr 3rd Place
- USPKS KA100 Jr 2nd and 3rd Place