The 2019 GoPro Motorplex Karting Challenge club series is America's Premier Club Karting Series. It's our in-house points championship for customers who have their own karts. Featuring full grids of the most popular and competitive karting classes. The Karting Challenge provides karting enthusiasts with the most affordable and exciting race program in the region.
We are proud to say we are the home track to multiple nation and world champions and are looking forward to a very successful year of karting. Pit Pass admission is $15 for a two day (Friday & Saturday) & $10 for a single day (Friday or Saturday). Drivers & Children under five years old are free. Pit passes can only be purchased at the gate on Friday or Saturday
2019 Event Schedule (12-Round Series):
Round 1: Saturday, Feb. 16 | RESULTS
Round 2: Saturday, March 23 | RESULTS
Round 3: Saturday, April 20 | SCHEDULE
Round 4: Saturday, May 25 | SCHEDULE
Round 5: Sunday, May 26 | SCHEDULE (Includes Kid Kart)
Round 6: Saturday, June 8 | SCHEDULE
Round 7: Saturday, July 20 | SCHEDULE
Round 8: Saturday, Aug. 17 | SCHEDULE
Round 9: Saturday, Sept. 14 | SCHEDULE
Round 10: Saturday, Oct. 5 | SCHEDULE
Round 11: Sunday, Oct. 6 | SCHEDULE
Round 12: Saturday, Dec. 7 | SCHEDULE
Karting Challenge Banquet - Dec. 7
Briggs LO206 Cadet sponsored by Kart Carolina
Briggs LO206 Junior sponsored by MPI
Briggs LO206 Senior sponsored by Sunoco Race Fuels
Briggs LO206 Heavy sponsored by MG Tires
KA100 Junior sponsored by Putt Putt Fun Center
KA100 Senior sponsored by Race City Locksmiths
IAME Micro Swift sponsored by Cook Out
IAME Swift sponsored by Kartsport NA
IAME Junior sponsored by HMS
IAME Heavy sponsored by STITCH 98
IAME Senior sponsored by CNC Performance Engineering
Kid Kart sponsored by Racing Roo's Feisty Cafe (Non Championship Class)
*Now accepting 2019 sponsorship inquiries. Please email Mallory@gopromotorplex for more information.
- Each round, the top-three finishers in the final race will receive a trophy in all divisions.
- Kid Kart Divisions will receive a metal for the top three finishers.
- 2019 Championship Prize Structure: Coming Soon!
- GoPro Motorplex Karting Challenge Most Improved Driver of the Year:
The Most Improved Driver of the Year Award recipient(s) will be revealed and awarded at the 2019 Championship Banquet. The Most Improved Driver of the Year award will be determined on 100% stats with GoPro Motorplex Staff/Management votes as tie-breakers. The Most Improved Driver of the Year will ideally be a competitor who has improved either his/her lap times or finishing position substantially throughout the 12-round series.
Registration for Round 2 of the 2019 Karting Challenge Season is now open!
- Early Pre-Registration is $75 for one class and $60 for each additional class through the Sunday prior to each event. (Early per-registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Sunday)
- Pre-Registration is $85 for one class and $70 for each additional class through the THURSDAY prior to each event! (Online pre-registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Thursday)
- Starting Friday Morning, competitors can register at track, $95 for on class and $80 for each additional class. (Registration closes when that class goes on track for qualifying)
Reserved Kart Numbers:
Competitors may reserve a kart number for the year at $50 per class.
PARKING & Camping:
Race Day Facility Parking Information & Rules:
1. All vehicles must park outside the main gate. This INCLUDES tow vehicles unless you have a “Reserved Parking Sticker”
2. GoPro Motorplex staff will help shuttle people with golf carts down from the gate.
3. Handicap parking is located by KartSport North America.
4. Garage Tenants will park outside the gate.
5. Pit area: Competitors pit area must be found in the same condition when they leave as how they arrived. If scraping tires, you must use a tarp for debris (No debris left behind) If found to have abused this privilege, you will no longer be allowed to scrape your tires.
FOOD + Beverage
GoPro Motorplex will have a food truck on-site for all rounds of the Karting Challenge. There is also a small concessions inside of GoPro Motorplex with snacks and beverages to purchase.
** Ice is now available to purchase on-site for $4/bag and can be purchased in the front office of GoPro Motorplex.
Reserved Trailer Parking: **SOLD OUT**
Competitors may reserve pit spots anywhere within our four rows of parking. The price is per spot (12'x45') and guarantees your pit spot for Thursday, Friday and Saturday of each Karting Challenge event weekend.
Camping is permitted inside the gate Friday night. Security Guard will lock the gate a 12 am (Midnight)
ROUND 2 - MAR. 23, 2019