2017 KARTING CHALLENGE
12 ROUNDS: Feb. 18 - Dec. 2
2017 Event Schedule (12-Round Series):
Round 1: Saturday, February 18: COMPLETED
Round 2: Saturday, March 18
Round 3: Saturday, April 15
Round 4: Friday, May 26 - Double-Header, Night Race
Round 5: Saturday, May 27 - Double-Header, Night Race
Round 6: Saturday, June 10
Round 7: Saturday, July 8
Round 8: Saturday, August 5
Round 9: Saturday, September 2
Round 10: Saturday, September 30
Round 11: Saturday, October 28
Round 12 & Championship Banquet: Saturday, December 2
Briggs LO206 Cadet
Briggs LO206 Junior
Briggs LO206 Senior
IAME KA100 Junior
IAME KA100 Senior
IAME Mini Swift
Race Day Prize Structure:
The top-three finishers in the final will receive a trophy in all divisions.
First Place: $200.00 Gift Card to either GoPro Motorplex or KartSport NA
Second Place: $125.00 Gift Card to either GoPro Motorplex or KartSport NA
Third Place: $75.00 Gift Card to either GoPro Motorplex or KartSport NA
Briggs LO206 Senior:
First Place: $100.00 Gift Card to either GoPro Motorplex or KartSport NA
Second Place: $75.00 Gift Card to either GoPro Motorplex or KartSport NA
Third Place: $50.00 Gift Card to either GoPro Motorplex or KartSport NA
GoPro Motorplex Karting Challenge Most Improved Driver of the Year:
The Most Improved Driver of the Year Award recipient(s) will be revealed and awarded at the 2017 Championship Banquet. The Most Improved Driver of the Year award will be determined on 100% stats with GoPro Motorplex Staff/Management votes as tie-breakers. The Most Improved Driver of the Year will ideally be a competitor who has improved either his/her lap times or finishing position substantially throughout the 12-round series.
Entry Fee: (All deadlines are according to race day being on a Saturday)
$75 through Wednesday (11:59 p.m)
$85 Thursday and Friday until 4 p.m. (Online pre-registration closes at 4 p.m.)
After 4 p.m. on Friday, competitors can only register at the track on Saturday morning, for $95.
NEW: For the first time, Karting Challenge competitors will have the opportunity to RESERVE their kart number for the 2017 season. The cost is $50 per class and the process for reserving kart numbers will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
**You may choose ANY number this year. Your desired number does NOT need to start with a specified group number. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/number changes.
Round 2, March 18:
PARKING & Camping:
CAR PARKING & CAMPING:
- We allow camping inside the gate on Friday nights before all Karting Challenge events and the Thursday evening of the doubleheader weekend in May. There will be no charge and bathroom facilities will be locked.
- All vehicles must park outside the main gate on race day. Tow vehicles may stay connected.
FREE TRAILER PARKING:
- Parking may begin when gates open on Thursday unless facility is being used privately.
- No overnight parking in front row on Thursday unless you have a reserved space.
- No trailer parking behind standard garages 21-40.
RESERVED TRAILER PARKING:
- Reserved spaces can be purchased in 12 ft. wide increments at $500 for the season.
- Parking may begin when gates open on Thursday unless facility is being used privately. Email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
FRONT ROW PAID PARKING:
- Any unreserved spaces on the front row will cost $50 to pit in and charged at the time you park.
- These spaces can be used starting Friday morning when the gate opens.
Click below immediately after each race for the results and current points standings for each division.